As a community of disciples, we will provide supplemental nutritious food items in a Christian atmosphere to our neighbors experiencing food insecurity in the 32092 & 32095 zip code areas
Established in 2014, our Food Pantry Ministry is only possible with your support. Our goal is to provide supplemental or emergency support to food-challenged households in St. Johns County.
Our food collections need to be in cans and unopened boxes. This food selection represents about 3 to 4 days of food. The specific food has been chosen for its nutritional value and its supplemental nature. That’s why for instance we don’t distribute condiments and candy.
- Check this page or the bulletin for food donation requests and give generously.
- Want to make a large donation? Use this shopping list.
- As you can see, space in our bags is limited so please try to conform to the sizes requested.
- Try to conform to the items requested so we can continue to provide a well-balanced selection of food.
- Consider a monetary donation in addition to or in lieu of a food donation.
- Make checks payable to OLGC and note Food Pantry in the memo.
- Sign up as a volunteer! We need 200 volunteers hours per month to open the food pantry for four hours! Please contact:
Rosie Hitt at 904-342-7675 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2017 our food pantry reached 835 families – an average of 70 families per month and 9 more per month than 2016. We are very proud to have distributed 51,585 pounds of food to these families with a local economic impact of over $92,000. This food is a combination of non-perishable food, produce, frozen meat, dairy, bread, pastries and miscellaneous food. We were also able to provide 80 families with turkeys and all the trimmings for both Thanksgiving and Christmas and 70 families with a ham and trimmings for Easter.
As we go forward in 2018, we will, of course, depend on your continued generous support but also ask for your prayers that we can continue to build a sustainable pantry reaching out to those who are food insecure asking our support.