Our Food Pantry Ministry is only possible with your support. Our goal is to provide supplemental or emergency support to food-challenged households in St. Johns County.
Our food collections need to be in cans and unopened boxes. This food selection represents about 3 to 4 days of food. The specific food has been chosen for its nutritional value and its supplemental nature. That’s why for instance we don’t distribute condiments and candy.
- Check this page or the bulletin for food donation requests and give generously.
- Want to make a large donation? Use this shopping list.
- As you can see, space in our bags is limited so please try to conform to the sizes requested.
- Try to conform to the items requested so we can continue to provide a well-balanced selection of food.
- Consider a monetary donation in addition to or in lieu of a food donation.
- Make checks payable to OLGC and note Food Pantry in the memo.
- Sign up as a volunteer! We need volunteers too! Please contact one of our coordinators:
The Food Pantry had a phenomenal 2016. We started in January serving 60 families and ended December serving 80 families! Because of your continued support, we were able to distribute over 46,000 pounds of food with an estimated economic impact of almost $80,000. As we go forward in 2017, we will, of course, depend on your continued generous support but also ask for your prayers that we can continue to build a sustainable pantry reaching out to those who are food insecure asking our support.